[Web10g-user] Access to MIB

John Estabrook jestabro at illinois.edu
Mon Apr 15 09:10:57 EDT 2013

Though not fully implemented yet, this is envisioned in the design of
the Web10G userland. Using the SNMP metaphor, userland acts as the
manager, necessarily querying the local kernel for the MIB, but also
allowing exposure of the local MIB to remote requests.

We had yet to consider what forms of query might be entertained, but
there is room for building various service types with the userland API.

--
John Estabrook
NCSA