[Web10g-user] O/S and kernel/patch versions

Alles, Jim jja16 at psu.edu
Wed Aug 21 12:01:12 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 6:46 PM, Kevin Kawaguchi <ktkawaguchi at ucdavis.edu> wrote:
>> Good Afternoon Everybody,
>>
>> We are about to build a web10g server for some researchers.  We are typically a RHEL/CentOS shop so kernel wise we would be behind the times on recent web10g patches.  As an example PerfSonar is based on CentOS and has a kernel version of something like 2.6.32-358 while the web10g patches are way into the 3.x (and the oldest web10g patch is 2.6.38).

I am new here and noob for builds. Gotta have a reason to jump in.

I would like to experiment with what I can see on my favorite UTM (router), Untangle. I think the edge of my network is a good place to view metrics.

They are about to release their v.10, which is based on Debian 6.0 (squeeze) and 2.6.32 kernel.

I will be starting by installing their Beta, non-production, at home. Am I on my own for a patch?

Thanks, any hints welcome (including go home ;)

Jim A.