[Web10g-user] web10G/web100 result verification

rapier rapier at psc.edu
Fri Aug 23 11:12:19 EDT 2013

Mojgan,

We do not, at this time, have any published results absolutely verifying
the metrics. However, internal testing (verified against numerous
tcptrace runs) have assured us that the results are accurate. That being
said, there have been instances in which some metrics had been
overcounted. These errors are picked up quickly and resolved (case in
point, a recent set of changes included to address some efficiency
issues results in double counting slow starts in BIC and HTCP. This was
discovered last Friday and resolved yesterday). Fortunately the code
lends itself pretty well to independent analysis and you can clearly see
where the counters are being incremented. We've had outside partners
working with the code (quite extensively) and they've verified to their
satisfaction that the results are correct.

I'm sorry that we cannot provide you to any published sources but we
simply haven't had the time to formalize our previous results.