[Web10g-user] Updated ndt-web10g to make use of logging in the new Web10G 2.0.6.2 userland

Aaron Brown aaron at internet2.edu
Thu Jun 20 08:49:31 EDT 2013

Hey Richard,

This looks good. Did you verify that NDT still works with web100 (both the genplot, and the web100srv)? If it works, I'm wondering if we should start going about migrating this into trunk, and defaulting to web100 instead of web10g until web10g is further tested.

Cheers,
Aaron

On Jun 19, 2013, at 11:39 PM, Richard Sanger <rsangerarj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I've finally got around to updating ndt-web10g to use the 2.0.6.2 userland - https://code.google.com/p/ndt/.
>
> I can confirm logging appears to be working well.
>
> For anyone who is interested (i.e. I'm not expecting this to be fixed)
> The new 2.0.6.2 userland also seems to support the older 3.5 kernel patch well.
> The only problem seems to be that logging doesn't record addresses&ports and timestamps.
>
> @Web10G devs
> I noticed a small bug in the new record_read/write sample code, the string returned by estats_val_as_string() should be free()'d.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard Sanger

ESnet/Internet2 Focused Technical Workshop
Network Issues for Life Sciences Research
July 17 - 18, 2013, Berkeley CA
http://events.internet2.edu/2013/ftw-life-sciences/