[Web10g-user] patch error for 3.3 kernel

rapier rapier at psc.edu
Fri Sep 6 11:45:39 EDT 2013

Srikanth,

I'm guessing that this is in the do_tcp_sendpages function. We have that
set up as follows:

wait_for_memory:
      tcp_push(sk, flags & ~MSG_MORE, mss_now, TCP_NAGLE_PUSH);

      if (copied)
         TCP_ESTATS_UPDATE(tp, tcp_estats_update_writeq(sk));

      if ((err = sk_stream_wait_memory(sk, &timeo)) != 0)
         goto do_error;

      mss_now = tcp_send_mss(sk, &size_goal, flags);
  }

I believe in your fix you'll end up over counting. It would build and
seem to work correctly but your stats will be off.

We only really provide patches for the minor revision (3.3, 3.4, etc).
Mostly because it's a *lot* of work to keep up with all of the sub
revisions. So when people are having a patching problem it often helps
to take a look at what we've done in the following revision to see how
we've dealt with all of the changes that have happened. Of course, we
are also here to help out with these questions.

Chris