[Web10g-user] New Userland and Kernel Available

Chris Rapier rapier at psc.edu
Mon Mar 31 15:47:15 EDT 2014

The Web10g team is pleased to announce the availability of the 2.0.8
Web10g Userland and 0.9 patchset for the 3.11 Linux kernel. To download
the source code please got to http://www.web10g.org/ and click on the
software tab.

Changes included:
Fixed memory leak in tcp_estat_nl kernel module
Use of jump tables to reduce overhead
Removed deadlocks, race conditions, and other bugs
Other internal performance and memory enhancements
Addition of web10g-logger utility from Sebastian Zander. This lists all
metrics for all connections.
web10g-watchvars and web10g-readvars now have user definable interval
timers and CSV formatted output options.

We are working on adding a function that will query the MIB directly
from the kernel. While the calls exist in the kernel module we haven't
fully vetted the userland side of the code.

We are counting on the users to let us know of any problems, bugs,
and/or enhancements they are interested in. Please feel free to contact
the team directly or, preferable, send mail to this list.

Thanks!

Chris Rapier