[Web10g-user] CentOS 7

rapier rapier at psc.edu
Thu Sep 4 17:38:00 EDT 2014

I know a large number of people in our community use Centos. It's a
great distro but has always been a small thorn in our side because the
kernel version used in the 5 and 6 series didn't support a lot of the
performance enhancements we've been able to make use of in the 3.x Linux
kernel. With the release of Centos 7 the default kernel has been updated
to 3.10. With this in mind we'll be transitioning away from support for
Web10g in the 2.6 kernel in the near future. We hope to have packages
available on web10g.org for 3.10 in the near future.

Chris Rapier
Web10g PI