[Web10g-user] web10G installation and working with mlab dataset

raghuveer sj raghuveersj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 08:28:20 EST 2015

Hi Team,

I am new to web10g i see its a great way to learn new things in bigdata
space without worrying about the whereabouts of the actual data.

I am using mlab data for learning purpose and i am able to parse data
before 2013. But after that google has changed the format of the data and
is a lot more squeezed. The *.ndttrace files from the data tar balls were
having a binary headers but now only data is in binary all headers have a
special web10G meaning.

Can you kindly guide me to read these files. I think reading them without a
efficient parse would be really difficult. Kindly share your view on this.

Data i am trying to read is
https://console.developers.google.com/m/cloudstorage/b/m-lab/o/ndt/2015/01/01/20150101T000000Z-mlab1-acc01-ndt-0000.tgz
.

Warm Regards,