[Web10g-user] web10g kernel 3.18 issues

Sebastian Zander S.Zander at murdoch.edu.au
Mon Jun 6 02:28:56 EDT 2016

Hi,

We have encountered some issues with web10g on kernel 3.18.

We downloaded the modified kernel source tagged 3.18 from the git
repository, patched the vanilla 3.18.33 kernel with that and then
compiled the kernel. On the userspace side we downloaded the latest
version of the userspace code from the git repository and compiled it.

In general web10g works but we have issues with missing variables. Most
notably a lot of the variables from the perf table are missing when we
run web10g-logger as we did before with the older version for kernel
3.17. Basically all variables after ElapsedMicroSecs are missing when we
run web10g-logger and the issue is not specific to web10g-logger as we
have exactly the same problem when running web10g-readvars.

Now we noticed something strange. When omitting the first missing
variable (StartTimeStamp) by excluding it in the mask, e.g.

web10g-logger -m ffffffffffffefff

we suddenly got all of the missing variables from the perf table (apart
from StartTimeStamp of course). The same fix also works with
web10g-readvars.

Also from the stack table we seem to be unable to CurReasmQueue,
MaxReasmQueue, EarlyRetrans, EarlyRetransDelay (all the ones below the
two variables which are now commented out in the kernel source). We
haven played with the mask values for these.

Has somebody here encountered the same issue and can shed some light on
this whether this is a bug or whether something has changed with respect
to how we should use web10g? Are there any more recent versions than the
one in the git repository? Any recent 3. or even 4. kernels that
reportedly work with web10g?

Thanks,

Sebastian

--