[Web10g-user] centos7 kernel compile

rapier rapier at psc.edu
Fri Oct 19 13:57:05 EDT 2018

I thought I should make a point of clarification.

I do have patches specifically for the current CentOS kernel but those
are mostly being used in house because we rely on proprietary kernel
modules (omnipath drivers) that are only available for the official
CentOS kernel.

If you aren't relying on CentOS specific kernel modules you can install
the generic Linux kernel without any notable difference in performance
or functionality. If that's the case I would suggest getting the
official Web10g repo from https://github.com/rapier1/web10g. List the
tags and checkout the kis tag that corresponds to the kernel you want to
build. For example, if you wanted the latest Linux kernel you would
issue 'git checkout kis-0.13-4.18'. Then just configure and build the
rpm package.

If you want the patch set that's specific to the centos kernel I have
one for linux-3.10.0-693.21.1.el7. I can post the patch or send it to
you. If you like I can also just upload some prebuilt rpms to google
drive for you. I will work on getting the web10g-centos repo up to date
but that might take some time as I have a few other projects on my plate.

Let me know what works best for you.

Chris