[Web10g-user] Roadmap?

rapier rapier at psc.edu
Fri Apr 5 10:21:42 EDT 2013

Jon,

We shoudl be releasing and updated patch for 3.5, and new patches for
3.6, 3.7, 3.8 shortly. We've generated the KIS patches for all of these
and hope to finish the netlink and estats-diag patches today. We then
just need to test the patches to make sure they build, boot, and work as
advertised. Hopefully this will happen early next week.

On behalf of the team as a whole I do want to apologize for the delay on
these patches. We've been focused on some underlying tasks which
necessarily delayed releasing new patches. I do want to assure you that
we are committed to supporting every major kernel revision for the
foreseeable future.

Also of note, we should have an updated API available by the end of next
week that will fully support NDT. Once this is done we expect a Web10G
release of perfSonar to follow in the next few months. If I may ask,
what Web100 tools are you using at your location?

We are also working with 3rd parties to perform kernel benchmarking
which should ease our way into the mainline.

Chris Rapier